Sunday, July 3, 2011

Yo estoy libre!

I am attending church today at the local Starbuck's close by Children's here in Boston. The slow internet signal where I am staying prevents the live feed from actually transmitting, so I'm here, at Starbuck's. Listened to Dave Zehr this morning sipping a coffee, watching life traverse by on Longwood Ave and with coffee shop soundtrack in the background. It feels really good to be free this weekend.

I was thrilled to be told I wasn't expected at Children's on Monday. It ends up I'll probably be celebrating the 4th of July by myself this year, but I do plan on going down to the Esplanade. So in reality, I won't be by myself, but rather 1 of a million enjoying the holiday festivities. As the Boston Pops 4th of July Celebration is considered the premier 4th of July Celebration in the nation I am thrilled to have this opportunity to get to experience it first hand. I have been reading information online about the event, and am sad to realize I'm missing the weekend long events. Such as the reenactment yesterday that started in Boston Harbor ending on the Boston Commons or today's Chowderfest! But I'd decided to stay in my area and study instead. By studying as much as I can these first three weeks, I won't feel guilty about not studying my last week when I have visitors!!!! Yay! I love visitors! However, tomorrow is going to be a longer day than I was expecting. Apparently, to enjoy the celebration from the Esplanade itself you have to have a wristand attainable at any of the three entrances to the area, and furthermore they typically run out of wrist bands by about 2:00pm. Sooooooo, it's going to be a long day! If you guys want to watch the fireworks with me they'll be on CBS!!!!!

HAPPY 4th of JULY!!!!!!

No comments: