Monday, July 25, 2011

Yo estoy reunida con mi equipaje.

My alarm woke me up this morning at the time I had set it for. Only problem was that I had first forgotten to switch the time from Boston to GDL. Didn't realize I was an hour early until I was in my car and saw the green digits laughing at me. It didn't take much for my housemates to convince me to take a nap.


Today was a typical first day in Mexico. Went to HAL first and got paperwork taken care of there. Then was off to a hospital in Tlaquepaque (probably was once a suburb of GDL, but has since gotten engulfed by the growing city). I was scheduled for 4 weeks of Neurology, however when I got there they told me that they don't have a Neurology service at that particular IMSS. So I'm doing Dermatology instead, and then will have to transfer to another hospital to do Neurology. Driving home today I was finally able to turn on the radio in my car and relax a little bit. I wasn't stressed before, but I had tried the radio and ended up snapping it right back off prefering to drive in the quiet.


I also made a trip to the main campus to get the process started on my FM3 renewal/address change. I walked in the building, turned the corner to head towards the International office, and froze. The office was packed with starting first semesters. It must be their orientation week. I paused a moment more, then turned on my heel and headed back the way I'd come. There was no way I was going to enter that room then. I'll have to try again tomorrow, hopefully at an earlier time.


My suitcase was delivered today. As no one was home this morning we arranged for our neighbor to receive it for me. Same neighbors that let me park me car in their parking spot all summer while I was gone. This means that I have all my cords back, a.k.a. here's some pictures!!!


Museum of Fine Arts. Chihuly blown glass exhibit.




Jamaica Pond: kind of like the jewel hanging from the Emerald Necklace (a 7 mile long path/park through Boston)



My last day at Children's Hospital Boston.



For our last day in Boston, Amy & I made plans to go downtown to the New England Aquarium. Delayed a bit by a sudden downpour, but we made it. Joining us are Luke (the son of the lady I stayed with), and Pablo.



Then Amy & I headed out to the ocean. Far past all of the small islands, the one below was my favorite, out until nothing but ocean is seen, and then....



....the water suddenly breaks and power rises out, and unless you were already looking in its direction, disappears before you know it leaving behind a splash any cannonball would be jealous of. The whales that we happened across were in the midst of a feeding frenzy so it was amazing as they were being very active. It the end the naturalist aboard the boat with us guessed that we had seen about 20 different whales on our trip.


I'll leave you with a video. CHB had the most fun musical stairs ever. It took a lot of self restraint to not play on them everyday. Thankfully Amy was willing to enjoy the novelty with me.


Hasta!

1 comment:

Schlipf family said...

Those stairs are amazing!! Looks like you guys had a grand time! Love ya
K