Friday, July 29, 2011

Yo estoy escuchando.

ello & appy Friday!

Dermatology is going well. In short, it's easy. Although by the end of these 4 weeks I wonder if I'll be able to say Head and Shoulder correctly, or if Ead and Choulder will have replaced it completely.

After my averted attempt at turning in my FM3 paperwork last Monday, it took just 3 more trips to the main campus for them to accept everything. I can't complain about 4 total trips, it's normal and expected. But there's always a small hope lingering that it'll just take one trip that inevitably gets smashed every year. Oh well, at least being in Derm, I had the time to make all the trips with no damage done.

I am thankful it's rainy season in GDL now. Things are much cooled down due to the daily downpours. Normally the rain happens late evening or during the night. But for some reason last night it decided to wait to rain until this morning. In anticipation of all the backed up traffic from the flooded streets I left early for the hospital, and still got there late. (Still beat the doctora there though, so no problems!) I was thankful there were parking spots available on the block of the hospital, and after my typical awkard attempt at a parallel park I opened my door, umbrella in hand, to find myself in the middle of a river. oooeeeeee! I jumped from my car with minimal splashing and then tried finding an ideal place to get from the middle of the street to the sidewalk with no success. But deciding the middle of the street not to be the best place for me I hiked up my white pant legs and braved the river. I walked into the hospital this morning going 'squish, thump, squish, thump, squish..." Que attractive, no?

Coming back from my weeks in the States I've noticed some new billboards that have gone up in my absence. They are advertising McDonald's. I have to admit, once in a great while I enjoy some McDonald's myself. About a year or two ago they started their McTrio del dia. (McTrio of the day). A Medium fry, drink, and sandwhich for a cheap price. Last semester they started offering the Grande option with their McTrios. Not good in my opinion, but inevitable considering it is afterall, McDonald's. But now these billboards are advertising the McTrio Plus. Everytime I see one such billboard I have a sudden desire to grab a shot-gun and obliterate the thing. Good Grief McDonald's!!!!! Mexico needs no help getting fatter, they're doing a fantastic job of that all on their own!

Last but not least for this blog. I miss my old apartment. I did not realize how spoiled I was by having so much space. But even more so, I miss my windows. I had windows that looked outside in my old apartment. The window in my room opens into the well that descends through our house from the roof to the bottom floor and is covered on top by yellow plastic. In my old place I'd have the windows open 24/7 and was able to enjoy the thunderstorms. Here having my windows open doesn't actually matter, as I still don't get air movement through them, and the rain falling on plastic is borderline obnoxious! I know I'll get used to it, and even if I don't I'll get over it. :)

Hasta!

No comments: