Saturday, April 9, 2011

Yo estoy jugando con patitos.

This post has been on hold for a couple of weeks. I didn't want to post and then have my opinion change nullifying everything I'd just written. I still have one more week of OB/GYN and even though I'll finally be hands on with labor and delivery I feel confident enough that my opinion won't change and therefore am finally posting.

I was excited to start this OB/GYN rotation, but it didn't take long, in fact it was still the first week of the rotation, and I was feeling.....let's say disappointed. As if OB/GYN had let me down. I'd had my hopes up that this was going to be a great and exciting rotation and reality was falling short. I did realize that this disappointment could be from the initial friction I got from the OB/GYN doctors at HAL so decided to wait it out. Guardias would have to be the ultimate deciding factor. I'm halfway through guardias and that feeling of disappointment hasn't changed. I wanted to like OB/GYN. It's the only area that someone has requested that I enter. So I wanted to like it for them; plus, it made sense. I could combine OB with Family Practice or something like that. But ultimately, at the end of the day, I go home having loved my work, but never once being excited about it.

Hasta!

ONE WEEK!!!!

Ok, so I just got off the phone with my classmate who just finished her first shift in labor delivery and her first words were "Christy, you're going to love it!"
So in other words, perhaps I still spoke too early, but we'll see. I'm so ready to get there tomorrow and get my hands dirty!

No comments: