Saturday, December 4, 2010

Yo estoy contando en mis dedos.

This week went by so fast. Finished up our Psychiatry rotation being the only 20 students still at the HAL campus as everyone else had finished the week before. Segundos were offered this week for all other semesters. My neighbor probably assumed I had failed all my rotations as I was taking off in my whites and with my backpack everyday. No sir, no....I just look clueless!

I came to Ixtlan on Friday this week, and have been enjoying my weekend hanging out with Regg and Bev Beer. I'll post pictures after I get back to GDL.

This blog post I actually wanted to do a little up-date on how Bible studies have been going in GDL. This semester we started out with just 4 of us which diminished to 3 after one of our friends went home in September. However, despite our small number we continued every week. And actually, due to the small number, we changed our Bible study format to topical Bible studies designed for discussion instead of working our way through various books of the Bible. Looking back, it was a good approach to our studies as we started out, but as we've gotten closer as a Bible study, gracias a Dios our discussions have developed and become much more in depth and productive. Thanks to God for helping our small Bible study grow and yet stay true to His Word. Further praise goes to God for then taking the next step and actually increasing our numbers. Recently, within the past month, God has brought three more individuals to join us in worship and study of His Word every Wednesday evening. I also have one more personal praise to give God. God has made it possible for this Bible study to continue regularly every Wednesday night for over two years now. This semester one atendee, who has been a regular the whole time, has taken a step (or maybe a growth would be a better word) and volunteered to prepare and give Bible study. It's one thing to come and listen. But hearing the Gospel is not enough to save one's soul. Taking a further step to do personal study and then apply it and practice it....it must make the angels dance. I am so thankful for God's coninued presence and blessing as we study through His Word. I am also incredibly thankful for all prayful support this study has received. I don't know what kind, if any, impact these feeble attempts at standing up for Jesus will have, but all praise goes to God, and all blessing goes to it's prayerful supporters.
God Bless you!

Hasta

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christy Sue! Excited for your Bible study! Love ya, praying for you and sending you a hug!
K