Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Yo estoy enferma!

So it turns out I was right to be temerosa on Sunday. My sore throat and cough have progressively gotten worse from day to day adding various symptoms to a growing list of symptoms. I had worked all last week with Anjuli, who had started feeling sick on Friday. I found out on Monday that Anjuli had finally gone to the ER on Sunday and been diagnosed with influenza. It made me nervous, my cummulating symptoms matched Anjuli's. However, there is no one to make me go to the ER....so I don't. Our head doctora at the IMSS finally caught me today noticing I was short of breath and asked why. I figured I could just say I'd ran up the stairs....but I hadn't, so the truth came out. No labs where done on me so I can't say for sure that I have influenza, but all the signs point to it. In short, I can't remember ever feeling like this before. My lungs feel like they are going to explode whenever I cough. My skin feels like it's on fire, but I can't get warm enough. They sent me home from the IMSS and told me not to come back. I am very happy to oblige them and stay at home under my enormous pile of blankets.

Prayers that this rather vexatious thing (it's not worthy of a proper name) is destroyed sooner rather than later.

Hasta!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better! It isn't the pig flu is it?

Amy