Saturday, December 18, 2010

Yo estoy floja!

The last wave of international students are making their ways to their prospective homes for the holiday this weekend; more specifically, I'd say the exodus started yesterday and will continue until Monday, myself bringing up the rear as I fly off into a winter wonderland this coming Monday, the 20th. I called it the last wave as the "first" wave was about 3 weeks ago with a steady trickle throughout the three weeks floating in between the two waves.

My original plan for my last post was to write a thank you to everyone who has been a support in prayer.....and then plans got changed, and instead of writing a thank you I ended up asking for additional prayer. Horrible way to show gratitude, I know. But I'm back on track now, just a few days behind.

I am very aware of the power of prayer as this year I have been along for a ride through life, Jesus driving and our car powered by a never ending fountain of prayer. It is proving to be a most amazing ride for which I do not take for granted all those who have prayed making it all possible. A few highlights: being able to take the step 1; passing the step 1 and being able to advance onto 5th semester; being able to make it home for Christmas
All were miracles made possible by prayer. I thank you and whole heartedly pray that you are richly repaid for your thoughts and prayers this Christmas season! God bless you!

Sick update:
I'm doing much better. Antibiotics wiped out the vexatious thing (Thank you God that Alexander Fleming was messy!) But if I had to analyze my state now, I'd say that the bacterial infection was taken care of but not first without lowering my immune system enough that some sort of virus set up home. In other words, I'm sounding kind of manly and I've got a pretty nasty cough still. Finally has come in handy that here in Mexico every corner store sells a wide variety of HALLS. I'm going through them fairly quickly, but they keep my coughing spells under control, and with the rest of Mexico treating them like candy.....

Hasta!

No comments: