Thursday, June 10, 2010

Yo estoy Waka Waka.

So, in the middle of studying earlier this week a light bulb went on. Unfortunately it had nothing to do with what I was studying at the time. It was more along the lines of...I'm going home June 26th! Yes!! and I get to stay until August 8th! Super Yes!!...and my FM3 expires July 20th....shoot!

Honestly, I couldn't decide what exactly this would mean for me. I tried to weigh pros and cons of waiting to find out or to attempt to take care of it now, knowing that with only about 2 weeks left before I leave, now, means yesterday. I finally decided the best route with dealing with the current conundrum would be to act like we all have to in Mexico...just Deal with it. I headed off for information this morning, and my fears were calmed with just the first stop. Flabbergastion!! Apparently I'll be able to leave and just renew it when I get back supplying dates and proof of my salida y entrada (exit and entrance). In the meantime, requirements for renewal are changing yet again, one being four complete copies of the FM3 notarized. Why? I seriously doubt even the immigration officials would be able to give an answer to that question. It's why we've learned not to bother asking, you just do what is asked and move on. I decided to go ahead and get everything ready for the renewal now while I have the time to make all these multiple trips everywhere. So a public notary was another stop I had to make this morning, and of course I'll be needing to make another trip back to the notary in a bit. Yes, eficaz and eficiente (efficient) exist in the Mexican lingo, but they really don't use it all that much.

World Cup starts tomorrow! So excited. Was planning on meeting with friends to watch Mexico's opening game vs. South Africa, but now with hours of study time lost today I don't know. We'll see if I can convince myself to be irresponsible or not.

Job well done Nike! (if not able to see the whole screen, right click, show all)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I am so glad to know you're coming! I can't wait to see you!

Anonymous said...

that was from me by the way (Tara)

Anonymous said...

I meaning Tara of course :-)