Thursday, June 24, 2010

Yo estoy con pelo largo.

I lost my rubber band while running last night. This was the third time it had happened and it finally succeeded in frustrating me. It happens when my hair is braided. I'm joggin' along not paying attention to my hair until I realize that the rhythmic bouncing of my braid on my back has disappeared and in its place is a whole lot of mess. I guess why it upset me so last night was because it happened at the beginning of my run instead of the end as it has in the past. I retraced my path for a bit then ran the whole block again with no luck in finding the lost rubber band. I gave up and pressed on holding my hair in my hand. I normally run with my elbows in and my hands up so I surmised that people glancing from their cars wouldn't really notice anything. But of course a man whom I don't recall ever seeing before was walking his dog and I ended up passing him 5 times. He will forever remember the dork who runs while holding her hair.

To the Future Wearer of my Hair:
I thought of you as I ran last night. You even made me smile as I held my hair like a dork. I know that because of this hair you will one day actually have the option to either hold your hair as I've done or to remember to tighten the rubber band. I love you.
Signed: The Grower of your Hair

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you and I can totally picture this! YOu're awesome - and the future owner of your hair is very blessed. Praying for you!
Tara