Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Yo estoy aliviada.

Games are over. Mexico lost to Uruguay, but thankfully France was able to keep South Africa to just two goals and therefore Mexico is still the one to advance, in addition to Uruguay, on account of their total goals made.
USA doesn't have this cushion that Mexico had....oh dear, I'm hoping for some magic footwork.


This past weekend in Ixtlan many of the kids that hadn't come on a while showed their faces again. It was great to see them. Going to school is just an option not normally taken by many of these kids leaving some of them illiterate. They are the kids that no one expects anything from them, but Jesus still desperately loves them. Though Satan tries to tell us it's pointless to try to help them, nothing could be farther from the truth.



Bev and I at Las Papas.

I'm going to set up camp at the library on the main campus this afternoon. Away from my computer. I just dread the fact that I may be mistaken for a summer foreign exchange student. They have popped up all over the city it seems. They stand out like sore thumbs from what they wear to what they carry to where they look when they walk. I saw them at the bus station when i picked up Bev. Saw them at the centro when I was walkin around with Bev. I can just imagine how I was laughed at three summers ago, it's my turn to chuckle. It's as if someone taped a sign to their backs 'Kick me, I'm here for the summer!' and everyone sees it but them.

Hasta!

No comments: