Friday, May 7, 2010

Yo estoy esperando.

So, no there is no good news. I have instead a clearer picture of what exactly is going on here at UAG, and this is thanks to some investigation completed by some of my classmates, more class meetings, and a few meetings with NASA (North American Student Association).

It of course all boils down to money, but a very long story extremely short.... UAG is implementing a new curriculum and with it a new set of rules. This is actually good news.....if you are currently in 1st or 2nd semester. For my classmates and I however, we are currently finishing our 4th semester under the old curriculum, yet the administration is asking us to adhere to the new rules that would be in place with the new curriculum. After extensive review of our situation, under these new rules there is no way for any of us to be able to advance onto 5th semester this coming July.

Our class president and VP are working hard to create options, and now we have NASA backing us up and fighting for us. Like I mentioned earlier, as of yet there is no good news, but hopes of something good coming in the future. I have thankfully been able to settle into this situation knowing that with the absolute worse case scenario somehow it will still be okay somehow. Perhaps my pride damaged a bit, but that is healthy for one's humility every now and again. A reminder that all things come from a higher power.

Onto things less stressfull: May is Guadalajara's hottest month, and for some reason even though Spring was late in coming heat was right on time. Whenever I catch myself thinking of how warm it is in my apartment I just remember 2 months of frostbit fingers, nose, and toes. I then smile and relish my barefootedness. Plus, the last two weeks of April were absolutely beautiful. Plus, the extra heat drys my clothes in almost no time at all now. Plus, I thought I'd add another phrase, because pluses should come in threes.

It was just a three day week for us this week. None of us really know why for sure, but who's gonna argue with a day off. "Not I," said the chicken! I stayed in Ixtlan till Monday morning last weekend. Today I kind of took the morning off. Went for a run with some friends. Did some laundry. That type of thing. Then got to studying this afternoon. The next exam I have is in three weeks (the 27th). So focusing and praying on that.

Hasta!

No comments: