Thursday, May 27, 2010

Yo estoy feliz.

FOURTHSEMESTERISOVERRRRRRRRRR

My semester ended today with another 8 hour long exam. It was an optional exam for me, so I had debated about taking it. In the end decided that the practice would be more beneficial than detrimental for me. I did a better job of planning the breaks and keeping my blood sugar up, but this time I struggled the last half due to a horrible headache, so another lesson learned...make sure I'm prepared with drugs. I also took the exam because I wanted to make the end of the semester final. Without it, I'd go from studying one day to studying the next. Really no significant difference. Now I feel I have a reason to take a break. When I got home for the exam I stood in front of my closet brain dead for about 3 minutes before realizing that I was just standing there and not actually changing out of my whites like I was supposed to be doing. A few friends and I went to the mall and ate in the food court then stayed there and played some Dutch Blitz. Probably wasn't the best location as Dutch Blitz tends to have a certain effect on you when you play....you get loud and tend to shout...a lot! but it was fun.

Our class has a yahoo group set up and it's how mass emails are sent out and whatnot. Everybody's been stressed, been upset, everybody's been sitting watching as our futures are being tossed out the window, and finally this week, our last week of the semester, after being told "Tomorrow" one too many times with tomorrow never coming, people started losing it. And for some reason they decided to lose it in mass emails. People were bickering back and forth over nothing really. I'd read through the emails, some in Spanish, some in English and chuckle in disbelief. I knew they didn't really mean to be writing the emails they had just had enough...more than enough.
But then good news. On the last day of class the looooooong awaited news finally came that the petition our class had compiled has been accepted. The part of the petition most applicable to me: 5th semester starting date has been pushed back to give us time for approval to take the step and then to take it. The guardias that we start 5th semester with have been moved to the end of 5th semester. So in other words, we'll get to go to 5th semester but as a result, have to give up our Christmas break to do so.
The roller coaster that we've all been on for the second half of this semester has really kind of drained me. I'm all emotioned-out!
I'm cleaning tomorrow. Then going to Ixtlan for the weekend. I'm soooo thankful for this short break. Thank you Jesus.

Hasta!

No comments: