Sunday, May 23, 2010

Yo me estoy dando cuenta la importancia de agua.

I've always, well not always, but for a long time now, been under the conviction that ~98% of the world's population is walking around dehydrated. Short of picketing, been a strong advocate of the "Drink More Water" campaign. (A campaign I just made up.)
Today listening to Clark Stoller's afternoon service I heard him suggest standing too close to a bonfire on purpose, going a couple days without water (a.k.a. fluids in general). I picked that up as I just had a real life experience of that yesterday.
I ran out of my drinking water Saturday morning. A scary thought for me, but no worries at the time as Saturday is a delivery day. I lined up my empty containers by the door ready to be exchanged. There's no set time for water delivery, but at the earliest it's 9 and normally around 10. I waited, and waited. Water didn't come, and didn't come. The hours ticked by. I couldn't focus on my studying as I was constantly listening for the 'Agua Santorini' call signalling the truck was here. I didn't want to go to the bathroom afraid that that would be the moment the truck came. I had to of run to the window at least 5 different times thinking I was hearing the truck come up the road, only to be disappointed. The water did eventually come, but the point I'm making was that the extra waiting, the thought of being without water, was agony for me. At the time I joked to myself, that I was acting like one addicted to a drug and had gone too long in between fixes. Especially after I realized that once I did get water, I had done a little dance to celebrate.
I wouldn't last two seconds in hell, let alone eternity.

Lord, Fill Up My Cup!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christy, I miss you!!! I had a dream the other night that I was riding my bike home from work or ICC on 74 and both tires went flat, but never fear Christy is here, all the way from Mexico in her trusty green Honda to come and pick me up!!! It made me smile and miss you even more :)
Love, prayers, and a hug!
K