Sunday, May 9, 2010

Yo estoy comiendo chocolate.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!!!

Thank you for loving me. Caring about me. and Praying for me. I love you Mom!

A large group from UAG joined a group of almost 2000 this morning for an 8K race to help raise money for and awareness about Autism and Fragile X Syndrome. A large group from my class ran. I knew I had no hope of being fast enough, especially with the Kenyans there, but I did have a goal. I didn't make my goal sadly, but it was still a great run. My favorite part was the last 800 m. to the finish line all down hill. wheeeeeeeeee! A man in front of me stopped right as he crossed the line, and I was going to fast to do the same, so had to put my arms out in front to stop myself. Probably wasn't too polite of me, but I figured it was more exceptable than the other option of colliding with him.

By the time we had finished the race, gotten our bag of free goodies, and found each other. They were already walking around with newspapers from the run. Here's a picture of the front page. No, I'm not in the picture....probably was already a mile down the road. ;)


This is the medal from the race.

Hasta!

Feliz Dia de la Madre

No comments: