Friday, May 14, 2010

Yo estoy mas agradecida cada dia.

Some good news finally :) I was called into a meeting this morning with one of the administration members. At this point all but one of the administration members have given approval for 6 more of us 4th semester students to continue on with our education process...a.k.a. take the step. He acted as if there was nothing to worry about and so we started with some of the preliminary paperwork. Monday the last guy will make his decision. In the meantime, I'm going to continue with the forms as much as possible. This registration should be a fairly simple task, but this is Mexico. Extra forms must be filled out, signatures gotten, copies of forms made, forms delivered to various offices. The current Kaplan instructor told us today that he's not teaching us how to be doctors, but rather how to deal with what we encounter. A few of us got a good laugh out of that. Sir, we don't need any extra help with that, Mexico, and by extension UAG, is giving us a Grade A education in that field without any outside help.

Though we can praise Jesus that I am being helped there are still many many of my classmates struggling to know what's going to happen to them. In addition, with Obama's new federal aid bill going into effect July 1st no one knows how we are going to get loans, or even if we will be able to get loans for the coming school year. Sallie Mae has been the main source for the majority of us and with them out of the picture on federal loans there's a big ? where a $ used to be. UAG financial aid office doesn't even have answers for us. So in other words, we aren't just on a cliff close to falling off we are in fact on a precipice with chances of falling greatly outweighing those of remaining safe. You know....I don't think I could have successfully gotten myself into a worse predicament had I tried. I am greatful to think, though, that when Jesus walks me through this I will emerge knowing without a doubt that I emerged because of Him and nothing I did of myself.


We've got class tomorrow again. Saturday class just douses the warm happy feelings that come with Friday being the end of a week.

We had a huge storm a few nights ago that thankfully cooled things off a bit. Unfortunately, the effects haven't lasted long and it's hot again.
Temperatures rising
It isn't surprising
She certainly can...... ;)
Hasta!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

praisin and praying with ya!
love ya and sending you a hug,
K