Friday, April 30, 2010

Yo estoy en mis rodillas.

I normally try to postpone blog posts until I have good stories or thoughts more along the lines of up-beat to share. But there's not much happy or up-beat surrounding the 4th semester class of UAG med school these days, so I figure I must post anyways.

Returning back to class after lunch I was laughing at something (I don't remember what it was about now) as I entered the classroom. A classmate actually thanked me for doing so. My classmates used to be laid back and all smiles; crackin' jokes like nobody's business during the breaks. Laughs are few and far between these days. Looking from face to face of my classmates, they aren't full of smiles like they used to be. The UAG administration is changing rules on us again. I'm not going to go into details. Our class had a short meeting today and by the end of it the only thing keeping us back from storming the administration offices was the fact that the exam moderators had entered and we had to sit down and take our test.

My life seems to be one badly-timed event after another. I graduated high school/entered college in a bad year to do so. Which led me to graduate college/enter med school in a horrible awful year to do so.

I've never felt this helpless before. Even at great decision points in my life there was always something I could be doing. A plan to reach a decision at least. We can't do anything. Granted we talk about it, but what does talking do when you're floating downstream without a paddle.

We are all just really stressed right now. Please join me in praying for my classmates. That we can all remain calm and continue with our studies one day at a time no matter what those days bring. Pray for our administration, and pray that during this difficult time the light of Jesus could shine even brighter.
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28


Hasta!

No comments: