Saturday, April 24, 2010

Yo estoy sosegada.

I know I haven't written all week. Honestly, I needed to work up my nerve to blog again. The test on Tuesday did not go well. My blood sugar was all over the place as I really just wanted to be done with the test and hence my attempts at regulating it were quite meager. That of course then lead to a horrible ability to concentrate. The fifth and sixth block of questions were the worse. The seventh I tried to regain composure and finish strong, but alas twas to no avail. I finished 3 questions short!!!! And honestly, those three questions were probably missed because due to lack of concentration I misread something in the question leading me to a wrong answer. That inevitably happens to me. When I saw how I did I felt like I did at the 8th grade track sectional when I cleared the high jump bar with plenty of space to spare and then the tip of my foot hit it. Hopes dashed. Yes, I know soooooo dramatic, but that's how Tuesday was for me. A downward spiral into the knowledge that I. Know. Nothing. Quite a bitter pill.
I keep waiting and hoping that the administration will give those of us who got really really close leave to go ahead and register anyways, but as of Friday I havent' heard anything.

The Mexican government, in an attempt to combat crime, is now requiring all cell phones to be registered with the government, or they will cut the line. No! No! No! (I was stomping my foot to emphasis my dislike for this) A government, though having the responsibility to protect the people of it's country, has no right to eliminate the autonomy of it's people. With sending my information away I feel as if I would be sending my freedom to talk or not to talk on my cell phone. Or for that matter to go where I want, as being able to label my cell signal as mine I could easily be tracked. Of course that's the whole goal, being able to track and limit the communication of the bad guys....but if I realize it, then surely the government must realize that bad guys have their ways and will find away around the cell phones (namely they'll probably pay off someone in the government).
On an aside...this is something that I can see the current US administration trying to impliment. I just wonder what reason they'd give.

I really don't have the best plumbing in my apartment. It's starting to ruin some of my walls. I brought it up with my landlord about two months ago. Showed him, and explained to him the problem. He said he would take care of it. This past week he stopped by and asked to take a look at my bathroom as now the poor plumbing is apparently affecting the ceiling of the apartment underneath me. What urked me is that I had to explain everything to him anew. I made sure that I did everything I could to remind him that I'd brought the problem to his attention previously. For example, saying that "last time it was like this, now it's like this" or "when I showed you last time..." ect... He invaded my apartment the next day and did some work. My toilet is now working much better. Yay!! but he then kind of yanked on the shower head so what once was bad is now worse. Oh well, at least water still comes out. He told me Tuesday he would have someone come and look at it. I'm just afraid that "looking at it" is going to entail tearing apart the tile walls to get to the pipes.

This weekend I'm headed to Ixtlan for the wedding of Jonathan & Bere.

In Him,
Christy

No comments: