Monday, April 12, 2010

Yo estoy en el sol.

Summer came to GDL while I was gone. I am so thankful to be warm again. Slept with the window open last night! yippee! There were actually more changes than I was expecting in just two weeks. Normally changes don't occur in Mexico that quickly. The main one was some road construction progress. The road construction I'm talking about has been in a seemingly stagnant stage since the beginning of this year, and now in just two weeks they've made progress?!?! The purple trees finally bloomed while I was gone too. Proving that GDL weather is over a month behind schedule as last year the roads were covered with fallen purple blossoms at the end of February instead of now...in April.

I am incredibly embarrassed about this next story, and I'll leave it at that as there are no words to explain. In class today in reference to the topic of why GRAPEFRUIT juice needs to be avoided when taking certain medications one of my classmates asked why just grapefruit juice and why not grapes and raisins too. wha?!?!?!!!!! I heard the girl next to me mutter under her breath that he forgot to ask about grape nuts too.

I've just come across the information that Guadalajara is going to be hosting the 2011 PanAmerican Games. Does this mean that I'm going to be able to cheer in the crowds for Micheal Phelps?!?! maybe...just maybe :)

Hasta!

No comments: