Monday, March 1, 2010

Yo estoy esperando.

I stayed longer in Ixtlan this past weekend than I had planned in order to make my Guadalajara commuting services available. I left at 4:00 am this morning with passenger and the mission to safely deliver him to the airport. Mission was accomplished with plenty of time to spare. I appreciate when I am able to convert my Honda into a taxi. I know that by doing so I am saving someone in Ixtlan the time and the gas of making the trip themselves to either pick up or deliver visitors to the airport. It's something, though small, that I can do to help out and repay a small portion of everything that those in Ixtlan do for me.

Just for today, as we started the Kaplan course, class started at 11:30. We were advised to arrive early to obtain our IDs for the course and our books. I did so and watching my classmates gather outside the classroom was a bit amused at how they greeted each other as if they hadn't seen each other in a month instead of two days. Like we were starting an new semester instead of a new class. At the same time it's encouraging to see everyone supporting each other. We are gonna need it these next couple of weeks. Lord! Keep us breathing!
Of course, we left class today still bookless thanks to Mexican customs. Just because they thought we couldn't procrastinate well enough on our own they thought they'd help us out by keeping our books from us. ARGH!! Yes! Thank you Lord! I remember...breathe.....and again.

I also want to give a shout out to Google. Had it not been for their promotion of the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympic Games I would have been clueless as to their commencement and once again to their closure. My quick recap:
1) Our curling teams stunk big time!
2) Our hockey teams were amazing, making our two silver medals in hockey bitter sweet victories!(pooh! yes, I'm pouting 2nd place!)
3) Shaun White is still amazing
4) Apollo Ohno ate one too many cheeseburgers in the off season.
5) South Korea did surprisingly amazing on the ice. Congrats to them!
6) Martina Sablikova from the Czech Republic struck me as a pretty cool athlete! Get it?...cool...she medaled multiple times in speed skating...haha...cool...oh baby, I crack myself up!
7) Mexico's one athlete participated in the slalom. Not that he did well enough to take notice, but hey! Way to represent Humbertus von Hohenlohe!

Hasta!

It's finally March!! YAY!!!!

No comments: