Thursday, March 4, 2010

Yo estoy orando por ti.

We finally got our books! Yay! New books get me excited...just a tad.
Of course starting the class without them proved interesting, and inconvienant. Lecturing this week is a Dr. Kruidering-Hall in the area of Pharmacology. She tried to make light of our bookless situation. "We'll just cover the fist half of the book you don't have!" It worked...kind of....ok not really. But we have books now so it's all good again.
Bible study last night covered Revelation 22, the last chapter of the last book. The end of the story...or is it? A many greatful thanks to all who kept the Revelation Bible study in your prayers. One thing I am absolutely sure of is that prayer is the sustaining power behind our feeble human attempts to serve our King. I have noticed a change in my perspective while journeying through Revelation. There is an ultimatum set in place. It's a 50/50 choice and no way to get around it. I feel as if I've become callous towards life as a result. Let me explain, after reading the death and destruction prophecied in Revelation the first time it's scary and unnerving. Am I ready to withstand such trying times? Then more death and destruction followed by even more death and destruction. The blood will fill lakes! And still Satan will rise up numbers against the saints. In other words, people are going to die. Lots of them. After reading this over and over again in Revelation I'm a bit numb. Another earthquake? Hundreds more you say? I'm not surprised, it's all been prophecied.
I will continue studying, sharing, and loving for who knows, maybe the next earthquake will be here. Time is running out. The Bible study will start the book of James next week. I ask for your continued prayerful support not only for the Bible study here in Guadalajara but also for the work being done in Mexico to further Christ's kingdom in general. Ixtlan. Barra Vieja. Morelia. Queretaro. Magdalena. Tecate. San Jose. God Bless you all.
Hasta!

No comments: