Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Yo estoy sudando.

My computer broke!!! Ok, well not really. Just the G button has half-way popped off.

Life is busy as my Spring break draws closer day by day. I have looked forward to these days (starting last weekend with Tara & David's wedding) for what seems like a very long time. But one thing that the Lord has continually assured me of while in Mexico is the passage of time. Tomorrow will always come, and the future eventually becomes the past. And so it is true again! It makes me giddy how exciting that is. And even more than Carrie and Troy's wedding, what I fear will never be learned...will one day be learned. It's hard to be patient for that day as I can't find it on the calendar.

I went to Ixtlan this past weekend. Once a month a van full from Ixtlan drive to Queretaro to help the few believers there in their Sunday worship service. Marshall & Jan were taking a turn in going so I joined them along with their granddaughter, Hayley, & Issa. Queretaro is 3 hours West of Ixtlan. We left early Sunday morning. I set up in the backseat and studied making the drive go fast. Service is held in the home of Lalo & Silvia with their three children Laura, Tito, and Andres. Neighbors, friends, family and Lalo's co-workers all gather and the service is followed by a meal. And then, though our visit is short, we head back to Ixtlan. Driving back to GDL Sunday the sun went down on me so I got to enjoy the delights of driving Mexico at night at a time when you see a cross of drivers on the roads between 40 mi/hr grandpas and 80 mi/hr hoodlums and you don't quite know which one has the gun or the tequila.

I was disheartened when I got back to see that Health Care Reform has been passed. Many of my classmates are equally disheartened. I saw on facebook though one of my compadres cheered for it's passage. It kind of sent me through disbelief. Does she really not know that Obama just wrote her future on a piece of paper and threw it out a 5th floor window?!?! Only God knows where and how that paper is going to land, or if it's even going to survive the fall. Waiting to see what "reconciliation" will lead to.

My welts from paintballing last Friday are starting to disappear. Whew! I should be good to go by Saturday. And no Dad, I'm not playing any soccer this week!

Hasta!
(the color's for you Dad! ;)

No comments: