Sunday, March 7, 2010

Yo estoy corriendo.

Woke up early this Sunday and with a handful of buddies joined in with hundreds of other ladies for the Carrera de la mujer. It was an all-women's 5K run/walk for breast cancer

(Pardon the ewwwness of this picture, twas after I got home, but before I'd showered!)


See the medal I got!!!!! Think I'm special now???? Yea, I know, couldn't fool you. Everyone who crossed the finish line got one. But I don't care, still makes me feel special.

It was nice to run on flat ground for once. And then half way through I realized I was getting bored, there was nothing to jump over!! Also, I didn't really appreciate how the first half of the course was all downhill. Couldn't they have planned that a bit better so that the second half was downhill and not the first half? I guess it's just hard to get "flat" in general anywhere in GDL.

A friend's dad is visting her for a few days and so I was invited along with some others to join in a bit of relaxing and a dinner last night. It was sooo nice to eat out for once. I can't remember when the last time was (not counting Ixtlan). Plus, I've been rather lazy in the kitchen this past week and meals have consisted of cereals, apples and turkey sandwhiches. All delicious, but I was craving some variety.

Happy Sunday everyone!! :)

Hasta!

No comments: