Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Yo estoy cantando.

Update on the cold:
I felt better about complaining about the cold after visiting Ixtlan this past weekend. Due to the record setting lows that temperatures have been hitting in our area, schools in Ixtlan were actually closed last week due to the cold. In Ixtlan they hit 9 degree C (48 F). Guadalajara has year round temperatures cooler than Ixtlan so we hit within the range of 38 - 45 degree F every night! But looking at the 10 day forcast there is good news on the horizon!!! The clouds should be on their way by mid next week. And with the glad return of sun, temperatures are sure to feel much better. Here in GDL those two are copycats like that, the sun and the temperature, up and down together.

I bought some new shampoo when I was at the store a while back. I literally spent about 3 1/2 minutes staring at a bottle that said "largo y hermoso" (long and beautiful) before actually putting it in my cart. The conundrum causing such a delay in my shampoo choosing abilities comes with the question, "Can a shampoo really make one's hair grow longer?" A few of the deciding factors which culminated in the eventual addition of the debated bottle to my purchases are as follows:
1) The brand is a Mexican brand that I have popularly seen in Mexican households so there must be some merit to it's hair cleaning ability.
2) My hair is not picky. As long as it's labeled shampoo my hair seems to allow it to do it's job without side effects.
3) It was on sale.
4) Based on the three previous factors....why not?
So the big question now....Will the "largo y hermoso" shampoo make my hair long and beautiul? Only time will tell, Du, Du, dummm!!

Today our Hematology/Oncology class was in progress and approaching 12:00 (we were scheduled till 1:00). A Latin program class was starting to gather outside our classroom rather obviously as they are noisy. However as 12:00 came and went with no sign of Dr. Martinez stopping they eventually found their way to another available room. At the end of class Dr. Martinez commented on the Latin program lamenting that he would like to be able to teach in the Latin program as he would then be able to use his mother language and better express himself, but he concludes with saying that they are too young; he wouldn't like to deal with their "Sophomoric Behaviour." chuckle, chuckle! very true

This past weekend, I gave Matt, Ruth, and Caleb Gerber a ride to Ixtlan. Caleb was born Dec. 22, 2009. We took the autopista (tollway). It was my first time taking that route, and I almost wish we hadn't. The tollway is such a faster and easier way to travel, but it's not exactly cheap. Especially when I travel as often as I hope to this semester. It is going to be hard to go back to driving the free roads, but like everything else.... I'll survive :)

This past Monday afternoon as I stepped out of the shower I heard a chopping sound coming from outside. When I finally got to the window I had to take a video of the scene. Never in Central Illinois, let alone in Big Cities of Illinois, would you see your friendly neighborhood machete man going to town on your neighbors orange tree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPAYjlXHlnk

We've got Bible study tonight. Revelation 14 will be tonight's chapter of discussion. If you could spare a pray that would be a blessing!

Hasta!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Que ironic that you mention largo y hermoso .... I happen to believe that certain products can make your hair grow longer/faster. Two reasons:

1) I use a shampoo that claims to do that (and I think it's working)

2) (probably the better of the two reasons) When I was in Taxco, one of my teachers had very, very long hair. We asked her about it and she said, oh you just add a little cebolla to your shampoo bottle and your hair will grow like crazy ... must be a thing down there. :)

So if the shampoo "largo y hermoso" fails ... you could always try a little onion.

Miss you Christy and hope you have a great semester!!

Ciao!

Melissa said...

wait that last comment was me, i'm signed in as anonymous :)

Kaleigh said...

you guys make me smile...so is your hair growing faster yet? :)