Saturday, August 8, 2009

Yo estoy escuchando la lluvia.

In Pathology class the other day the Doctor went off on a tangent. Not surprising as it happens a lot. Normal tangents consist of wines and cheeses and reasons why residents need to type fast, but this day was a bit different. The Dr. tangentially remarked that the Bible is wrong due to the fact that genetically Eve had to come before Adam. Next to me Triffinie went into near hystrics as she was sure we were all about to die due to the incoming bomb and following explosion. No one really heard her as the class had erupted in laughing. Either way I wasn't too worried. If God hasn't taken his vengence out on our classroom yet it'll take a lot more than a mere joke to illustrate a genetical point of interest.

Dr. Potato Chip's last day was Friday. No more Ruffles everyday at 8 in the morning. However the visiting professor who is coming to replace him is named Dr. Kreipke which unfortunately is only one vowel sound away from Krupke. Upon hearing the name pronounced my mind can't help but break out in "Dear Officer Krupke!" from West Side Story. Honestly, if I knew how to dance, my life would be very believable as a musical.

I don't dream very often so when I do and am fortunate to actually remember it, I wake up rather excited. The other night I had a cowboy dream. A group of us had to flee from the coming bad guys into the hills/rocks off in the distance. Before our escape I was determined to purchase some toilet paper to bring with us. Don't ask me how long it took me to make a decision on what tp I should purchase, and again don't ask me what I based that decision on. I woke up right after I'd made the decision, but before we could escape so I don't know if we were attacked by the bad guys or not. What I found most interesting upon awakening about the dream though is that tp prices were all in pesos.

A friend, Nereo, (2nd semester) was given a lasagna as payment for some help that he had given one of his friends. As he has no refridgerator nor oven at his apartment it was given to me to store in my freezer and then to bake Friday night for a few of us to enjoy. Everything was going well until I realized actually lighting my oven was posing to be a problem. Reinforcements were called in (I selfishly didn't want to be blown up alone), and in the end the oven dial actually had to be broken and then fixed to achieve ignition. The lasagna was worth the wait and promptly devoured. And now I know my oven works...kind of!

Today I decided to make some tuna salad and as I still had 4 eggs in my fridge I put some water on to boil the eggs. I only needed two but as I wanted to finish the eggs I put all four in the water. Upon commencement of boiling I heard a pop. I investigated to find one of the eggs had burst and egg yolk was slipping out of the cracked egg creating an egg drop soup looking mess in the boiling pot. In the end it was a lucky decision I had made to put all four eggs in because two of them had broken. Not knowing the cause for the explosions but making some rather not too desirable guesses I decided to throw out the two exploded eggs, but still eat the other two that had remained intact.

Hasta!

No comments: