Saturday, October 4, 2008

Yo estoy sentiendo las tensiones.

PMC was great tonight. Only one patient but I got to do my first historica clinica with him. The doctor said one of the first semesters do the historica clinica, which completely caught me off guard. I was nervous not because I didn't know what to do, but simply because it was my first one. And i did it!! Clinical history; physical examination and all!!!! Now I've got a huge report to write up, but that doesn't even bother me so much at the moment because I'm still on the adrenaline rush from actually completing it. My final for PMC is to complete another historica clinica in the presence of a doctor who will be grading me, and unfortunately then there won't be someone next to help me decipher when they say their name is Hector Antonio Ruiz Garcia and to me it comes out sounding like Hector Anton....R...z....ia. Man I've got to practice more Spanish, you'd think living in Mexico would be enough, but living in Mexico by yourself kind of defeats that.

I am getting better though. However there is one guy in my class from Puerto Rico, Edwin, and I can't for the life of me understand him. He's from the mountains of Puerto Rico so has a specific accent 1)doesn't say his S's (all Puerto Ricans do that though) 2) talks rather quiet 3)has a sort of singsongy voice; in other words slurs everything together. So I've got someone talking quietly slurring everything together without pronouncing every syllable it's like a whole new language. there's Spanish and then there's Edwin's Spanish.

Praying for you all!
Hasta!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

gotta love the puertorriquenos! :)