Monday, October 20, 2008

Yo estoy bendicida.

Here's a few pictures from my weekend in Guadalajara.

On Saturday, a small group of us went to the Zoo. Guadalajara has got an amazing zoo. Took us quite a while to actually get there due to traffic and a lack of road signs (typical Mexico) so we were not able to see everything. My friends laughed at me for taking pictures of the statues instead of the actual animals, but I couldn't help it. I find these changos (monkeys) rather funny.

Today I had a church service with a few other of my friends that attend the bible study on Wednesday. Afterwards we went and got 'breakfast.' I got the most lunchyish thing on the menu I could find being as it was 1 in the afternoon.

Rosa surprised me this afternoon. She had said she was going to get me a cake but when I turned the corner on the stairs coming down this is what I saw.

Rosa ended up making fish tacos, buying a cake, and the best ice cream in Mexico according to her, Haagen daaz. Also, Delta even turned down going to the movies with her friends so that she could stay for our small party. She's so cool like that. Rosa got out her camera and a photo shoot ensued. I have a feeling that pictures of myself, Delta, and Micha will be displayed for her photography class to see someday soon. Rosa told us that we were going to make her famous. haha! Rosa and Delta kidded me about having so many festejos. I think it's because I haven't really been having much of a social life and now all of a sudden everyday I'm doing something with friends to 'celebrate' my birthday. haha! I think it'll finally be back to regular tomorrow.

I like how the serpientes reflect squiggle lines on the wall. The candles were funny. There were three princesses and two that said happy birthday on it. Unfortunately, by the time Rosa was done taking pictures and I'd been sung happy birthday and some other Spanish song there were only two left still burning for me to blow out. And yes Delta did shove my face in the cake.

I think I'm too sentimental for my own good. I kept all those serpientes from the table and strung them in my room. Throw them away now or later. I don't want to do either. They made me feel so special.

On a side note,
Last Wednesday, bible study was on the topic of the Sabbath. The topic was suggested and lead by my friend who is a Seventh Day Adventist. I was very nervous going into the bible study and praying for words. I've never been accused that my whole religion is wrong because I go to church on Sunday instead of Saturday, 7th day of the week, the Sabbath, before. I made sure I was as prepared as possible going into that bible study. In the end we were all still friends, praise the Lord. I was pleased with how the night went. It was uncomfortable at times but it was a topic causing dissenstion amongst us and needed to be addressed. Now it's been addressed and I feel we can move on together as Christians. Satan is not letting this be easy.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Yay! I am glad that you've been having such a good birthday week! I like the squiggles on the wall too. I'm also glad that the Bible study went well. Are most of the people in the Bible studies seeking or are they Christians? Just curious. Love you lots!

Christy said...

there's some of each attending the bible study.