Monday, October 6, 2008

Yo estoy en un ritmo.

I have discovered why a person needs multiple pairs of shoes, the more the better. I've gone through three pairs already, two of which are unwearable and the other annoys me like crazy because they are falling apart from the inside out. In addition the holes in a fourth pair are getting increasingly larger because I have had to start wearing them more. Granted these shoes were older than four years. From this personal experience I've come to the conclusion that a person does in fact need multiple pairs of shoes. He or she is then able to rotate their usage and prolong their lifespan. (The shoes' lifespans that is). Pretty soon I'll be down to nothing but the pair of heels I brought with me..........I think I'll go barefoot first.

Was in Ixtlan this weekend again. Huge fiesta going on celebrating St. Francis of Assisi (the town's saint). Fireworks all day and night long. The singing and chanting was endless also. I, thankfully, was able to sleep. Marshall unfortunately was not and used it in his sermon during church. He said he was just about ready to go down to the plaza and start preaching like Paul to anyone who'd listen. He didn't though. They'd probably all have been drunk anyways.

Waiting at the parada for the bus to go back to Guadalajara I noticed the geysers going off so I took a picture. They did afterall give Ixtlan it's spot on the map, not to mention it's namesake.


Ixtlan de los Hervores

No comments: