Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Yo estoy una surfista!!!...o una alemana.

The other day during a class activity I was talking to some of my classmates. They were surprised to hear I was from Illinois. According to them they thought I was a surfer from California. Sweet!! But then a bit later a taxi driver asked if I was from Germany and was surprised to hear I was from the US. hummm... All in the eye of the beholder I guess.

Things are really getting busy. One of my professors/doctors keeps telling us that there should be no reason for us to not get at least 6 hours of sleep a night. Who is he kidding!!! How did he pass med school getting that much sleep. There's way too much to learn and to put it simply...not enough time to learn it in. I'll be glad when the Olympics are over. Then I can stop wasting time on the internet looking up results. Go USA!! Mexico has one bronze at the moment. Go Mexico!!

I wore an ISU shirt on campus today and walking to class I got booed at by some guys in my class. Apparently one of them had attended Creighton in the US. Definitely was not expecting hostility and it caught me by surprise. They were only joking, but I think I'll wear my shirt more often from now on.

Hasta!!

1 comment:

Carissa said...

Go ISU! :)
My sister passed on your blog and I am excited to read about your experiences. The doctor (with all the drugs) post does not surprise me in the least..unfortunately. You have a lot of room to be useful down there!
Happy studying!
Carissa