Tuesday, August 5, 2008

yo estoy cansada.

hello everyone,
Hope you all enjoyed the picture that I was finally able to post this morning. I have a break at the moment so I thought I'd come home and study/pass the time before returning for Anatomy. Since I've got some time I'll fill you in on my professors.

1) Biochemistry: 2hrs a day, 5 days a week, all semester long
Dr. Lorzano is the main doctor (We'll have another who specializes in carbs when the time comes). He is nice. No complaints. In addition to the book we have like a class notes book (actually it's divided into 5 different books...it's that huge) which helps guide us in our studying and also for following in class.

2) Cell Biology: 2hrs a day, 5 days a week, 4 weeks*
Dr. Hughes is the doctor. He is American. Was educated at the UAG like us. He is nice to have for first semester cuz he's got advice and recommendations that he randomly throws out gathered from his experiences of moving to Mexico. He's full of jokes. (I have heard some complaints from fellow classmates that his jokes are taking away from him actually teaching us. I do see their point but personally have no complaints yet.

3) Anatomy: 2 hrs a day, 5 days a week, all semester
Dr. Ponce is the doctor. Can anyone say jerk? Ponce is a plastic surgeon. Way over the top stuck on himself. and Mexican through and through. If you've ever lived or visited Mexico you'd understand that, but for those who haven't let's just say that his comments about his female students made me rather uncomfortable. Ugh! I sit in the back and am going to keep it that way. Plus he admits that he thinks our lives revolve around him and his class. Whatever, at least i like the subject.

*Cell is followed by embryology which is then followed by genetics.

i am also meeting a wide range of classmates. I sit next to Liz; very heavy New Yorker accent.
Trrifinie is here with 6 of her 7 kids all in an apartment; 5 of which are staying. Daffydd was not ashamed to admit that he screamed when given his immunizations. Pratik let me call home on his computer. Amelia (who had her interview same day as me). Amelia and Pratik are always together. I've hung out with them a couple of times. Steve was a teacher/football coach in Texas for 4 years. Joseph from California lives with relatives here and is always with Steve. Feroz i can't really describe in a sentence but I think he'll be a great doctor someday. There's Josue. There's Adriana. Jason is from Greece. Luis lives with his parents (His dad transferred to Guadalajara when he was accepted.) Then there's the Puerto Ricans and a bunch of people I haven't met or either know enough to comment on.

i should go. I've got Anatamy.
love ya,
hasta,
Christy

No comments: