Thursday, August 21, 2008

Yo estoy a casa.

The word 'home' finally slipped into my vocabulary today. I haven't been able to use it since I moved. I've always referred to it as Rosa's house or my host mom's house, but today I called it home finally. I take it as a good sign to be able to be where you are.

The other day I made a trip to the center with one of my classmates. Started raining when we got to the PMC office. by the time we left the roads were flowing like a river. Thankfully my friend drives a truck. No way could a car have survived. Then the smell hit us. The sewers were overflowing with so much water they had pushed open the manholes and were spurting upwards. It looked like water fountains dotting the roads. We made it through and home. I just wish I'd had my camera with me because my words don't come close to describing it.

Funny side note. Everyday in Anatomy, Ponce opens class by asking questions, in other words you got to know the material for the day ahead of time. I had left some studying to do during my break today, but unfortunately had forgotten that today we didn't have a break but rather our IPM class so I was not prepared to answer questions in the depth that Ponce likes them. Of course he calls my name from the list...
"Stoller...Christy?"
Crude I say under my breath. "Here!" accompanied by a half-hearted raise of my hand.
Ponce looks down. "Tawill...Patrick?"
and that was the end of it. I couldn't believe it. It makes me laugh even now. Ponce's never let anyone off the hook like that before. Thank you Lord!! (said with extra emphasis on the last word).

I've got to go study Anatomy now. Ponce decided to combine some of his lectures, so in other words I've three days of work to prepare for tomorrow. ugh!

1 comment:

Tara said...

Sounds like you're settling in. That's great to hear! We're getting back in the groove of things here. We miss you, and make plenty of Christy references here at good old 116. Love you!