Thursday, March 13, 2014

Estoy compartiendo la musica.

I thought I'd take the time this evening to share two songs.  I must first confess however, I do have ulterior motives for doing so.  You see, I like both of these songs very much.  I would say of all songs they probably take the #2 and #3 spots for single songs that I will spontaneously decide I want to listen to.  I will then go to YouTube and listen to whichever song of the two on repeat a couple....or more....times.  And then move on with the day once again.  However, that being said, I can not put my finger on why I like them so much.  I usually connect to music through lyrics, but in these cases don't actually have any personal connection to make with their messages.  So then could it be the musicality, the harmonies... I've really been thinking about it too much lately which is where the 'ulterior motive' enters.  If you have the few minutes to listen....what is the common factor shared by these two songs?   I'm hoping if a common ground is reasoned between the two perhaps it will lend explanation to why they make me smile.

This first song is Care by Hudson Taylor.  I've been listening to these two Irish brothers make music since before they were Hudson Taylor and instead just Harry and Alfie sitting on the couch in their living room.  I really enjoy all of their music, Care, although for some reason I've yet to discover, bubbles to the top as one of my favorites.





This second song is Asi by Il Volo ft. Eros Ramazzotti.  In Spanish, the theme is perhaps the risk of love about the emptiness, the vast expanse that is left when love leaves. 



Even if there is no discernible common factor, well then, perhaps you can just enjoy them too.

Hasta!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you match???