Thursday, January 16, 2014

Estoy persiguiendo a un conejo.

Corporate compliance only led to further mountains of paperwork.  Very disappointing.  If you're asking why?  Please don't ask.  I ask myself that question everyday and have yet to come up with an answer.  So I'll just keep doin' what I've been doin'.  And in the meantime, the brand new computer they set up for me to use at my desk sits there, black screen, unused.  .......Nope still no answer as to why.

Another shortcut for the data extraction was found today.  Half of the data is easily extracted, and with a few clicks is nicely converted and organized into an excel spreadsheet.  The second half is manually recorded and therefore does not extract so easily.  And as such needs to be manually compiled with the other half of the data.  Today my team members decided enough was enough and put forth the effort to utilize technology as much as possible.  A few programs were downloaded and in the end the manually recorded data was converted to pdf form which was then converted to excel form.  And once it's in excel form it's just a matter of rearranging the data (very carefully) and combining. Viola!  Data extracted. Compiled. And condensed!  Excuse me while I give my teammates a pat on the back!

After days of watching numbers stream before my eyes on the computer screen it's starting to wear on my brain.  Yesterday, when I finally called it a night and left to go home, I missed my turn and then trying to correct the miss I made a whoops and ended up on the parkway going in the wrong direction.  I'm developing a new found respect for actuaries and accountants and others whose job it is to look at and analyze numbers all day.

Hasta!

No comments: