Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Estoy en casa de nuevo.

Always feels like a sigh of relief to be home again.  But then again that sigh of relief could just be coming from the fact that it's Wednesday night.

Another winter storm hit New York, starting early Tuesday morning shortly after I had gotten to the hospital for the day.  By 10am I could already feel the involuntary panic rising at the idea of driving; for I was going to have to drive at some point.  I had an interview today at the hospital and everything I needed was at home.  By 11am I was hopping out of my chair nervously announcing that I had to get home.  Knowing the storm was to continue throughout the night it was suggested I just stay at the hospital for the night.  By 12 I had left the hospital and by 3 I was back again.  I set up camp for the night on an empty mattress over in resident housing.  It was warm, and dry.  And having made it through the storm already, I no longer had to worry about how I was going to make it to my interview today.  A little weird to interview today at a place that I already know.  Leaving for the tour of the hospital one of the residents made a quip that "Christy could just give the tour!!"  But the frustrating part of the day for me was how unfortunately cold it was.  I shivered the day away.  In the actual interviews, if I wasn't talking I had to lock my jaw to keep my teeth from chattering, and I had to hold my hands afraid that their trembling would be interpreted as nervousness.  Honestly, I'm still working on warming myself up again.  Looks like it's gonna be a jumpin'-jammers kind of night!

On my way home I decided to stop by the store.  I wanted fried chicken!!!!!  But once in the store, deciding that I couldn't eat an 8 pc. fried chicken dinner by myself, I opted for a bag of Cheetos instead.  Irresponsible AND unhealthy! ;) Can I just give 'it's Wednesday night' as reason enough and say "cheers?!"

Hasta!

No comments: