Friday, July 19, 2013

Yo estoy escondida.

What would you have done?

I found myself hiding in the bathroom at work the other day.  Was I being a coward?  Maybe.  Was it unnecessary?  Maybe. 

 One particular doctor at the hospital is of the most unique kind.  I don't know a single soul who can say they know him and can follow that statement by saying that they would enjoy his company.  Two of the projects I'm working on are for him.  A draft of one project was submitted on Monday.  Tuesday he proceeds to tell me that it is completely wrong, that we don't understand anything of what he wants.  He continues on his rant to give us new guidelines.  Confusing thing about these "new guidelines" is that they are basically what we had just submitted.  So....we don't know if he just hadn't actually looked at what we submitted.  Or....if he did look, liked what direction we were taking, so had to turn it around so that it was his original idea.  Twisted you think?  but like I said...of the most unique kind.  I would consider myself so far lucky, as he hasn't actually yelled at me yet.  But I'm starting to get the feeling of walking on thin ice as I'm approaching 2 months and leaving that grace period of being "new". When I leave my office I actually walk right past his door.  There is a bathroom there, but I typically walk down the hall a bit to the next one, not sure if he'd be okay with the idea of someone else using "his" bathroom. And that's where I found myself.  A door slams shut and then he starts talking "at" his secretary in his usual manner, and I waited.  I waited until I heard him leave the building.  And then emerged.  His secretary, who had seen me originally enter, tried not to laugh.  But neither of us could help it and in the end we both laughed.  She didn't blame me.  No one would blame me.  I've seen people turn around walk in the opposite direction when he's approaching. 
But....would Jesus have hidden in the bathroom?  I think not.

If I learn anything this year, I pray it has to do with overcoming cowardice.  With survival.  With loving everyone equal.  With.....the list can go on and on.  I have a lot to learn.

Hasta!

No comments: