Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Yo estoy manejando.

1. A year ago while driving back from Mexico, my driver's side window got stuck halfway down.  Since then whenever opened more than a crack its gotten stuck and I've had to pull to get it back up.  Instead of taking care of it, I just got around the problem by opening my door instead of window, or giving it a pull.

2.  A couple of weeks ago while driving back from CT in the middle of a rainstorm, my windshield wiper broke.  Did I get it fixed?  Of course not.  I just got around the problem by hooking the wiper back on and then refrained from using it.  Since then NY has gotten inches and inches of rain, and there I was driving around with water flooding my vision.

3. Then just in case it isn't clear that I don't take superb care of my little car, it was due for an oil change a couple weeks ago....and over 1,000 miles ago.

Tuesday all three collapsed on me at once.  When I got to the hospital in the morning my window would not close no matter how I pulled on it.  I knew that rain was in the forecast, but I eventually had to just give up and continue on with the day.  Sure enough by the time I left the hospital it was raining, and my window still wouldn't close.  So I headed home.  Halfway home the wiper broke again.  So I was driving blind and wet.  I wasn't exactly having too much fun.  Sometimes it's a little harder to put a positive spin on things.  I'd try going through mental exercises reminding myself that I like running in the rain, playing soccer in the rain, so how is this any different?  And then someone would cut me off, and I'd be yelling "Pick on the little guy why don't ya!!"  Of course yelling in my head that is. ;)

I wondered, "Really Lord, you couldn't wait until it wasn't raining?" But his timing is perfect.  Rainstorm or sun.  Wet or dry.  It really is...

This is my friend, Veronica Salazar (Vero).  My first guest at The Deerhaunt.
 


I have known her since July 2008 when we started med school together in GDL.  She's just moved to NY to start the program I just finished.  She called asking if she could crash Sunday while looking for her own place. Of course she could.  I haven't seen Vero in a year, and yet the friendship picks up like no time has passed.  And then when the house she and another friend are going to rent won't be ready until the 29th, I told her she could stay as long as she needed to. 

So Tuesday, Vero ended up getting home seconds after I did.  And when I greeted her with a, "We need to go to the mechanic." She didn't pause to think about it, but was ready to help me.  And when I needed to leave my car overnight she was willing to drive me around for the day.  I've been blessed by my friend!

In the past God's had to resort to whacking me pretty hard to get my attention.  Sometimes, I guess He just has it rain on me to clue me into timing.  In this case, overdue timing to fix. the. car.

We study so well together!!  Duuutch Bliiitz! ;)

Hasta!

No comments: