Thursday, June 13, 2013

Yo estoy ajustando.

I've been in my current place for a month already!  Time flies when you're having fun! 

Don't mind the traffic on my commute as it really isn't that bad.  About 1/2 hour commute.  I turn my music up, probably too loud, but no one's complained yet.  Sometimes I want to wave at my fellow commuters and invite them to join me in my morning song and dance.  I'll glance over and they're inevitably staring straight ahead, dead-pan expression that tells me one of three things.  1. They haven't had enough coffee yet.  2. They need a vacation.  3. They're trying to ignore that annoying person to their side.

I'm trying to adjust to my new schedule.  Unfortunately this is going to be a process.  I've got to get myself waking up earlier so I can study before the hospital as well.  So I keep setting the alarm earlier little by little.  Last night it was just 5 minutes earlier.  Trouble is....I just get tired earlier in the evenings.  Next step is probably gonna have to be an increase in caffeine intake.

Dr. Blood is out this week, due to seizures Sunday evening and then all day Monday.  The Trauma director is also gone this week. So I'm kind of on my own.  I wasn't exactly ready to be on my own, but sometimes that's how life rolls.  Just gotta roll with it.  I've got stacks of reading to get through so work on that in the mornings.  Then in the afternoons I move over to medical records and work on going through charts for data extraction.  I set up my computer, put music in my ear and have a good time of it.  I said 'ear' on purpose.  I leave one earpiece out so I can catch myself if I start to absent-mindedly sing along. Everyone down in medical records is super nice, but don't think they'd appreciate a soundtrack of interspersed hums and croons for their afternoons.

Hasta!

No comments: