Friday, June 7, 2013

Yo estoy investigando.

Week one as a Clinical Research Assistant went well, praise Jesus!  It was exhausting, not horribly, but still exhausting.  I'd have to really work to keep my eyes open until at least 10pm.  And even then I know studying is still getting the short end of the stick.  But I'm not too worried about it as I'm sure it's just a matter of adjusting.  It's not the research, but rather the social aspect of being back at the hospital that's causing more of the mental stress.  Trying to figure out where my place is, and how to socially navigate amongst the narcissistic personalities, intellectual tension, and shear brilliance that populate the  General Surgery/Trauma/Critical Care Teams.  And Lord knows I was not blessed with the gift of pretty speech!  So when I stand there and stumble over my words, I realize I just made a horrible first impression, but it's easier to let it go and move on when I also realize that I'm here for awhile and their opinion of me is not ultimately going to be based solely on first impression. 

Hasta!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! So glad it worked out!
Tara