Monday, June 17, 2013

Yo estoy abrazandote.

About two months ago individuals in CT started asking about how much longer I would be here.  I didn't mind the question as for awhile I was asking the same thing myself.  (and to answer truthfully, still don't really know the answer.) But now even more time has passed and they flat out ask, "So when are you leaving?" It's to the point that going to CT on the weekends I wonder how many, and who will ask this week?  This past weekend I got the question twice.  It became awkward, and has now painted a pretty clear picture that I have overstayed my welcome in CT.  Perhaps I should add unwanted houseguest to my CV?!

But you know what?  Awkward and unwanted?!  I can handle that.  And in the meantime, I'll just love you more.  So Connecticut here I am...

Give us a hug!!! ;)

Hasta!



I've been feeling a bit guilty and so have returned to post a disclaimer: The members of the Rockville, CT congregation are the epitome of hospitality, and I am sure that nothing other than pure curiosity is motive behind those asking when I'll be leaving.  I just couldn't resist to post poking fun at how the situation potentially could be interpreted. 
I have nothing to disclaim about my response however.  Give us a hug!! ;)

5 comments:

dvm2015 said...

If it helps, I was asked on my first Sunday back this summer "So, when you leaving us?" To which I responded, "Are you trying to kick me out?" I can assure you that no one wants you to leave, they just assume you are leaving at some point!

Sarah said...

I agree with David, you are more than welcome here! We love and enjoy having you around!

Anonymous said...

I know 2 people who have lobbied pretty hard for you to stay right where you are. As one of us has said many times "our time here would have been a whole different experience if Christy were not living in NY". Three guesses who that was and the first two do not count!
(I understand the sensitivity of the question though!)

Anonymous said...

Make that three people lobbing for you to stay. I have to get this hugging thing fingured out before you go anyway!

Anonymous said...

make that lobbying

and also chicken goalie was correct!