Saturday, March 16, 2013

Yo estoy magullada y quebrada pero no estoy muerta.



I’ve been trying to think of a reason I could use to somehow justify not writing this post.  But in reality, this past week happened, and I can’t ignore it.  I have to face it, accept it and believe that one day I will even embrace it.
 
To put it simply, this past week was Match Week, and in the end I did not match into a residency position.  Six months ago I jumped.  It was a definite leap of faith, one in which my sensible-self screamed at me not to take.  But I took it, and low and behold I found myself smashed among the rocks far far below that starting point.  I wrote a few weeks ago my fear at how I would react to this result. What would I walk away believing, assuming I could even walk at that point?

Doubt?  No I never doubted, even though I definitely accused myself of stupidity more than once.

Sad?  I remember sadness once.  Which, as corny as it sounds, I battled by repeating “Praise God” out-loud until I could say it without my voice wavering and the threat of tears fled.

Angry?  Surprising to myself probably because I wasn’t expecting it, my primary reaction was anger.  I was angry often this past week. Mad at the humiliation that faces me.  Mad at the new mountains now planted in my path when I’m already tired of climbing mountains.  And I was mad at God, mad and hurt enough that I claimed to feel betrayed by my own Father in Heaven even though I knew no betrayal had happened.  And I was mad, because in addition to the humiliation now my mediocrity was going to be known to everyone.  Though I realized just how incredibly ordinary I am years ago, now the entire medical community has also realized it and shoved it back in my face.  And once again I would accuse myself of stupidity for thinking I somehow deserved to excel my own mediocrity.  In short, I frequently felt the dire need for a punching bag this week, but for lack of said bag I resorted to “Praising God” which is much more efficient anyways.

I believe that God’s Word is 100% truth, and as such accept all it holds for us.  As all gold must be tried in the fire, so we must all be proved acceptable whether through adversity, trials or temptations.  So I will repeat and modify what I said before and say, May the Good Lord grant us the wisdom, strength and courage to continue on and cross whatever lays before us.

Some encouragement to us all in our time(s) of adversity.
Phillipians 3:7-12
But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.  Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,  And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:  10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;  11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.   12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

Phillipians 4:4  Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.
Phillipians 4: 11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content
Psalm 113:3  From the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same the Lord’s name is to be praised.

Praising God forever!
Hasta!

7 comments:

Schlipf family said...

Love you, praying for you, sending you a big hug, and Praising God with you!!
One day at a time sweet Jesus!! I know He has great plans and lives for you to touch where ever He has next! I wish I was there to go for a walk with ya!

Anonymous said...

God has great things for us Christy! He knows why things happen for a reason! Keep your faith! Never lose it! These are obstacles that makes us stronger people! Give yourself credit for overcoming and accomplishing great things! Know the blessings will come as we age! God bless!

Schlipf family said...

not a bit worried about the plan He has for you! I do love reading how you processed it..God is faithful, this is the road He has you on..look for Him! We keep you in our prayers!
(When you get as old as me..you understand clearly that God's ways take you places you would have not even dreamed possible..enjoy the trip!) T/A

Amber said...

Thanks for writing this post and sharing your heart. I know it wasn't easy. I think Aunt T said it well. So thankful that we serve a God that is GOOD and a God that can see the future. Can't wait to see you in a week and give you a big hug!

JGu said...

Christy you are not just ordinary...look at all of the things you've accomplished thus far. You've always been an inspiration to me! :) Keep on believing in yourself.

Anonymous said...

Christy, take it as a fellow medical professional and experienced mountain climber that God, does indeed, always has a plan. Just because He said no to this, He has a plan to say yes to something far much greater. Blessings will come, and whether you choose to believe it or not, this is a great blessing. Retool and refocus.

Anonymous said...

Wow...did not know what to say..when i read this...i can totally understand you...and yet i admire that you have so much courage...which i don't think i would have had...i like the one phrase at the very beginning ..."I will embrace it" i think only when this happens will you be able to think things more clearly and make the best decision for yourself. I also believe that God has better thing for you but most importantly you are now more stronger than yesterday and more wiser.