Monday, March 25, 2013

Yo estoy llena de arrojo.

"You would like a tour of the hospital?" asked the security guard at Sound Shore Hospital. "Yes, my name is Ashley, my friend Christy works here in the OR. I am visiting for the day and just wanted to tour the hospital to see where it is that she works." That was the start of a ten min long conversation with confused people. No one could understand why I wanted the tour.  One thought that I was maybe an expectant mother wanting a tour of the maternity ward. Another thought that my "friend Christy" was actually a patient.  Needless to say though, I did finally get a tour of the hospital. Unfortunately I was unable to see the Radiology department. 
 
Me at Davenport Park, DD's and looking down on Highway 95

The hospital ended my courageous self guided tour of New Rochelle.  The day started at 5:10 am with Christy's alarm.  Then it was off to breakfast at DD's which is about a ten min walk. From there I headed to the Davenport park. There was a beautiful view, but my eyes kept tearing up due to windy conditions. I decided to head back, but got side tracked by a nail spa. I asked for the $20 spa manicure in which I thought I would get a little bit more of the hand/arm massage, but it turned into me getting paraffin hand wraps and a very relaxing back massage! Then I headed back to home base to warm up a bit and figure out what to do about lunch. I figured I would just head out and see what I could find along the way and eat whatever sounded good. That turned into me buying new shoes, a new purse, and then finally a grilled chicken cesar salad.


 So as you can see, New Rochelle has been a safe and fun place to tour. Come find out for yourself!



No comments: