Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Yo estoy feliz alrededor de mis hermanos y hermanas.


I went to Connecticut for the weekend and returned Sunday night absolutely exhausted.  To be honest I originally was a bit apprehensive about the idea of showing up at a random church where I didn’t know anyone, but a friend got me in contact with a friend, Steve and Dorothy Viens, and I was set.  Even went to the Rockville young group on Saturday night with their daughter Rebekah Viens.  Once again I was apprehensive about the prospect of attending a young group function.  I realized I hadn’t attended such a function…well…probably since my last ISU Bible study, and I felt horribly out of practice.  Rebekah patiently answered my bazillion questions on proper yg etiquette for Rockville, and I survived it all, knee-knocker singing, snacks every 30 minutes and all…, and by the end of the evening I was on the yg email list!

I have to say that Rockville officially joins Chicago in a being a church of shining hospitality.  Everyone in Rockville is so friendly, so welcoming.  They really are family.  I was a bit shocked at just how large the Rockville congregation is.  For some reason I was expecting it to be smaller.  So I met lots of Bahlers and Reutters and Gerbers and many many more.  In addition, it seems my cousins doubled in the stretch of just this one weekend.  Only in AC world would 2nd cousins – once – removed and 3rd cousins be tickled pink to meet you and call you family. 

 On the drive home I tried singing along with the radio and my throat was so sore.  I fear my vocal cords are out of shape, and after 1 ½ plus hours singing on Saturday and at least 45min more singing on Sunday they were kindly asking me to give them a break.

And finally, New England country is absolutely gorgeous.  And if it’s gorgeous now…I am most looking forward to the New England fall.  I haven’t had a Fall season in four years.  I am quite excited.

Rebekah drove me up to see the view from the top of Fox Hill overlooking Rockville, Ellington and Hartford is over to the left in the distance.  Definitely going to have to return to this view in the Fall.

Went with the Viens on Sunday to a picnic by a pond.  I loved the New England area from the moment I stepped off the plane in Boston last summer, but....I'm liking it more and more!  

Come visit me and you'll understand why! :)

Hasta!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This makes me smile!! It is beautiful out there...I will definately have to take you up on coming to visit! :) :) Love and prayers,
K