Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Yo estoy tratando enfocarme.

"Sometimes time passes quickly," said the giraffe.  Unfortunately for the baboon this is not one of those times, poor baboon. 
No I'm not quoting something....just trying to make life interesting.  It worked....kind of....for a second or two at least.
I'm passing my days trying to finish out the semester.  Prioritize my studying.  Remain positive.  And all that.

Palliative care has turned into a thorn in my side. I scheduled hours at a hospital on a Saturday.  Spent two hours getting lost until I finally arrived to discover the doctora wasn't there that Saturday.  (Good thing I didn't have a gun..I'd have shot somethin'!!!)  I returned home after wasting the entire morning and packed a bag to head to Ixtlan.  Was on my way and got a text from the doctora saying 'Sorry, Can you come tomorrow instead?'  (once again, good thing I didn't have a gun!)  Then I had a shorter pain psychology session at HAL which I was told the wrong time for.  I handed in all the work I was told to do and then was sent away with more work.  Tried turning all that in and was given still more work.  Ahhhhh!  That was three times in a row I was told "All your missing is, blah blah blah."  I turn in blah blah blah, and whoops "why don't you do this too."  Frustrating because with finals and partials approaching I just wanted to get pain out of the way so I wouldn't have to pay attention to it while studying. AND they weren't letting me do that.  And then frustrating turned to mad when last Friday the work they assigned me was to watch a movie and hand in a review about it.  To be honest, I was mad because it felt immature and a waste of time to be ASSIGNED a movie review at this point of a medical education.  One can learn from movies, but in this particular case, the movie was about death and Shintoism burial rituals, and the underlying message was that death is not the end, but rather just a door.  DUH!!!  I could have written the review without the 2 1/2 hour movie. So now I've got this movie review saved on the computer and have had it so since last Friday.  Just not in a hurry to hand it in so they can say....now do this too....for the 4th time.

Last week I gave a presentation for Urology.  The whole presentation a guy in the back stared at me smirking.  I had to consciously keep from looking in his direction cause everytime I saw the smirk I wanted to smack him.  Today his turn came up to present.  I contemplated returning the favor and after trying to smirk realized that a true smirk really isn't a facial expression that can be consciously reproduced.  So I gave up contemplating and focused instead on trying to keep my eyes open.

Study break over....

Hasta!

No comments: