Friday, May 18, 2012

Yo estoy pasando.

This week was the week of finals for those that were in Puerto Rico for the semester, for those that did electives in Mexico, and then for those others that fall between the lines...like me.  Of the six I only took the two that were today.
1. First was the Emergency Medicine exam.  I went into that exam with perhaps a combined grand total of 9 hours I had studied throughout the past week.  So basically I hadn't studied.  Yes that makes me a bad student, but I consciously made that decision.  I studied for my other exams instead.  I reasoned that if by the end of four years of medical school I can't handle a basic emergency medicine test...well then I don't deserve to pass it.
2. Second was the Trauma exam.  Unlike in the US, Trauma here in Mexico is synonymous with Orthopedics.  So even though I did Trauma in the US......I've never actually taken care of an Orthopedics patient nor even studied the topic.  Make more sense why I opted to study for Trauma over ER?  I got a 60% on that exam, and let me tell you I have never ever been so proud of a 60% in my life.  I could have danced out of that room.  Honestly, I'd probably have been fine even if I hadn't passed...it's UAG, but I hate that and wanted to actually deserve to pass.

With each of these exams accomplished I feel like my courage is growing.  I'm actually starting to believe that I'm gonna get out of UAG.  I know I shouldn't be so hard on UAG, I just have a really hard time helping it.  For example, the other day I watched the video below and in my head I started replacing "the World" with UAG.  I know it doesn't really fit, but if you say it as a Mexican (as a word instead of letters, kind of like ooag) it's not as awkward.
The Newsies are singing about fighting against the powers that be.  Maybe Crutchy says it best with "And we'll kick their rear!"  :) I'm not exactly fighting against UAG....in fact I've done nothing but jump as high....as ridiculously high, as they've asked for four years now that I harbor the exact same sentiment the Newsies have, ENOUGH!


No comments: