Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Yo estoy a casa.

Yesterday was one of those days that just doesn't go as planned, but Praise the Lord it still found me asleep in Gridley, IL at the end of it.

1) Flight took off and I didn't even mind as we left WARM GDL behind knowing I was headed for Illinois. But about 30 minutes into the flight I noticed that the sun had switched sides of the planes. hmmmmm... Sure enough, some minutes later the Pilot came on the intercom to let us know that we had turned around and were headed back to GDL. One of the computer screens was saying there was a malfunction. They didn't know what the malfunction was, but since we were closest to GDL we were headed back for maintenance. I had kind of stopped caring after hearing "regresamos a Guadalajara." (returning to Guadalajara). Noooooooooo. Back in GDL we unloaded the malfunctioning plane and directly loaded a different plane. Got to Chicago just about 2 hours late. Unfortunately,
arrival boards in Chicago hadn't been updated with the delay. Not cool. Not cool. Especially for my parents. :(

2) Finally reunited with Mom and Dad! Yay!! I took some great big deep breaths to finally be home. And just to celebrate we three went on an adventure!!! Taking the long way home! The never-before-seen-long way home!! :) Yay for accidental
spontaneity!! :)

Hasta!

No comments: