Sunday, December 11, 2011

Yo estoy dando prisa.

I'm all itchy, antsy and impatient to get to Illinois.
I've been listening to Christmas music as my background soundtrack while studying these past couple of weeks and thought I'd share a bit with you before I leave tomorrow.

I like the song "Indiana Christmas" by Straight No Chaser because it's about going home for Christmas but really wish it was Illinois instead. So I took the liberty and did a little switch-a-roo..

The moonlight shines on a sycamore
And now they are calling to me
In the city its snowing
The sidewalks blowing

But there's somewhere I'd rather be
Thousands of people all walking by
But Somehow I'm still alone
I'm gonna spend winter my way
Again on the highway
I'm ready to find a way home

Illinois, thats where I'm going
This time of year you know how I feel
Illinois, thats where I'm going
Where Christmas will always be real

We'll build up the fire tell a story or two
With good friends we always invite
The old and the young come together as one
and we sing into the night

Illinois, thats where I'm going
This time of year you know how I feel
Illinois, thats where I'm going
Where Christmas will always be real

And I remember those who are gone
looking down on my home from above
Deep in December its where I belong
Sharing the days with the ones who I love

I've kind of become a bit of a YouTube addict over the past couple of years so of course I've afew videos for ya too. I don't have this song among my Christmas music collection so sometimes I've gone to YouTube specifically to listen to this song.



"Then rang the bells more loud and deep
God is not dead, nor doth He sleep
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail
With peace on earth, good will to men"

or sometimes I go to YouTube to distract myself and instead find stuff like this.



Hasta!!


P.S. I just wanted to center all of the song lyrics, but it centered everything instead and I couldn't figure out how to do it differently so....I just left it :)

1 comment:

Schlipf family said...

yippeee!! Can't wait to see you!! :) :) - K