Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Yo estoy en los ultimos dias.

Thought I'd get a quick blog post in before I started for the day. Sorry if it's rushed, got a long ways to go before I can crawl under my covers again tonight.

To be honest, I was a little apprehensive last Friday when the French girls arrived back in GDL. I'd fallen into a study schedule, which I knew definitely wouldn't work with guests. But thanks to the grace of God I was able to be flexible and quickly adapt to a new schedule for those last days of their time in Mexico. It actually proved to be a benefit to me because having them stay here assured that I actually got out of the house at least once a day.

On their last morning we went out for breakfast and then I took a little time to show them a few last things in GDL. Took them to my favorite pastry shop and we had a comparison taste testing. Had the Mexican croissant tested against French taste buds. Mexican croissant versus French croissant. They throughly enjoyed it!!!!! I liked how Marlene summed up her opinion..."I'm French so I can't say that it's better than a French croissant, but...I give you permission to eat this." :)

We also stopped at the Galerias mall. In the years past they've had a ginormous Christmas Tree there. To our disappointment instead of a huge tree this year they had evil looking elves and sad looking jack-n-the-boxes.

I liked the huge jingle bells they had hanging though. If you can't see us, we're right.....


...there!!!


It was a little hard for me to listen to all of their stories from their week exploring the Yucatan. I could have gone with them. I could have dropped my studying and gone off exploring, seeing new sights and meeting new and interesting people. Sigh. It is so hard to sit and not be able to travel. I'll never see the world studying my life away. When Satan pokes at me with those envious and unfair feelings I just need to ask myself one question.
Q: Is this worth it? Even if I never never ever get to travel again, is He worth it?
A: Yes. Yes, it's worth it.

Hasta!

No comments: