Thursday, November 25, 2010

Yo estoy agradecida!

Hello Everyone! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

What a wonderful day it is. Us Americans are all excited about the holiday; it seems our hectic world has stopped for the day as the rest of Mexico carries on their normal Thursday activities as if nothing has changed. Honestly the situation kind of comes in handy; all the stores and businesses are open so last minutes trips or errands can easily be completed.

I have a special thanks to give my Lord this year. This semester has demanded a complete change in my social life as all of my close friends from the past two years are not in GDL anymore or at least for the holiday. And yet I am going to spend the holiday with a house full of friends. Jesus is my closest friend and as such he knows when I’d struggle most with loneliness and takes care of me.

I haven’t struggled with missing Thanksgiving the past two years as much as I have this year. That’s due to the fact that for the past two years at this point I’d already bought a ticket home normally within the next week. So missing Thanksgiving wasn’t as strong because I just reminded myself that I’d be able to see everyone soon. This year every other semester finishes this Friday. They’ve got their tickets and will soon be home to enjoy the holiday season. But it’s still unknown for me.

I have got so much to be thankful for nonetheless:
- If I’m able to be home in 3 weeks, 5 weeks, or 5 months I know that I’ll still be able to get up each morning with a smile on my face because I have the promise of life eternal in paradise which trumps all depressing thoughts I could possibly think of.
- Walking with Jesus has given me a passion for life and for joy that I desire to share with those around me, and this is due to the fact that when troubles hit I still know that Jesus is here with me. I am thankful that I don’t have to face this life with all its unknowns and heartaches alone.
- I am thankful for…..

Should I keep going with this list it would make the Guinness Book of World Records as the world’s longest blog post.

In short, I am blessed beyond words. Blessings overflowing; let me share them with you.

Hasta!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Christina!

I mean, Chirsty! ;)


Amy