Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Yo estoy tratando.

The one class that is keeping me on campus everyday from 8 - 11 every day is Pharmacology. Yes, very applicable and rather important to my future, however I find myself groaning as I get out of bed these last couple of days. Our professor Dr. Garcia has, it seems, been jumping all over. In other words, not organized. As a result, someone who knows nothing on the subject, ME, trying to follow along gets horribly lost. This then preceeds to turn into annoyance. This started last week when Dr. Garcia started using someone else's powerpoints as his outline for teaching. Oh well, it's not like this isn't the first class I'm completely lost in. I shall survive.

the following are compliments of Dr. Garcia:

Upon asking the class a question and receiving nothing more than blank stares in return Dr. Garcia shouts..."I'm waiting!!!" "The patient is dying!!!"

Yesterday, a few of us were rather confused as to what anti-contraceptives were. Didn't take us long to realize that anticonceptivos + contraceptives = anti-contraceptives. I love learning in Spanglish!

Today, a few minutes were spent on chemical contraceptives for males. Drugs which are still being experimented with especially in places like China. However, their expensive price prevents them from making much progress fast. Dr. Garcia emphatically concluded this point by exclaiming "it's cheaper to get a baby!!!"

Hasta!

Prayer request: Bible study tonight!

No comments: