Thursday, February 4, 2010

Yo estoy secada de nuevo.

Sunday night the rains came, bringing with them lower temperatures that constantly spiraled downwards over the following days. By Monday afternoon we had already received an inch of rain. And still the heavens released it's watery contents. Life continued under the gray wet relentless blanket. We went to class the same, just having to jump the rivers of rainwater swirling down the streets. The parking lots were overflowing as everyone and their dog was driving to the campus. I relied on my trusty umbrella, but didn't say no to an offer of a ride home. Wednesday night heading to Bible study was the worse I walked in. The rivers were the widest and as it was dark I couldn't always see the best places to put me feet. At one point I found myself in the midst of a blind awkard leap from the street to the curb with an on coming car. Thankfully I landed it and was able to stay on the sidewalk, as it would have been rather embarrassing had it not played out that way. Four days later, sometime between 8 am when I walked into class and 11 am when I walked out of class the rain finally moved on. The constant downpour was over. The sun is even shining from time to time now. Hopefully the temperatures will start to rise again soon. The Mexicans have it right when they call this 'loco febrero' (crazy February)!

Hasta!

No comments: