Monday, November 30, 2009

Yo estoy fria.

One of my favorite parts of the drive to and from Ixtlan is when the road winds close to Lake Chapala. Lately on my drives home the sun has been close to sunset which means the sun is in my eyes the whole time, but it also means that when I drive by the lake the sun glints and sparkles on the water. I tried taking pictures today...and was rather unsuccessful. And then I thought that even if I was able to capture a perfect picture of the lake with it's sparkling water and mountainous background it would still come up lacking from what one can see by looking at the view with their own eyes. So I put my camera away and just enjoyed the view myself.


oh dear, that definitely didn't work!


shoot! wasn't even lake in that one!


all sun...no lake


I hadn't even realized I'd gotten an acceptable shot until I got home and looked at them on my computer. Yay! LAKE CHAPALA

My muffler decided it was time for it to fall apart last Thursday. Wanting to avoid getting ripped off by Guadalajaran mechanics I went ahead and drove to Ixtlan (basically without a muffler). Marshall and I took my car to a local guy who works on cars out of his home. Nice and easy quick fix he did, yesss sir! Cut the portion of pipe that had rusted and broke and with a piece of new pipe welded the cut ends. I mean, my car was already bits and pieces put together and then reput together again....now it's even welded together. God will keep that little car going forever!!!...with the help of a few mechanics along the way...ok a lot of mechanics! ;)

Hasta!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hey, cars can last a lot longer than most people think. You just have to be a bit more flexible. ;)